Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Busy Earning a Living But. . . . .

Not a lot of time this morning to come up with much of a post. After 14 hours on the night shift I'm afraid that my brain just isn't up to much. I have to admit that I usually check a little bit of news and a few other blogs looking for inspiration but this morning I am coming up empty handed. Simply not enough time to scour everything, I have to sleep sometime. Kemmick let me down, nothing but more crap about the city council. Why don't these people just get the point and resign?

Billings Montana has to have the absolute worst city government in this country, just my opinion, but look at the evidence, don't take my word for it. They buy off people that should have, and would have in the private sector, just been fired and tossed out on their asses.

They pass laws that one would expect to find in one of those joke books, you know what I mean, the ones that go state by state and list funny and ridiculous laws that have been left on the books even though anyone in their right mind would find them hilarious.

Does anyone else remember the ogling law? Several years ago I seem to remember reading that the council passed a law that staring at a woman (or perhaps anyone I can't remember, I can't imagine our distinguished city council passing something that would be so blatantly politically incorrect) for more than I do believe 5 seconds was considered ogling and was illegal.

At the time I was ecstatic, it put a potential damper on one of my favorite lunch hour activities namely girl watching downtown, but I was thrilled to hear that there were no more criminals in Billings. I mean, if the city council figured that the Billings Police were so bored as to have nothing better to do than stand around downtown with stopwatches timing how long guys in pickup trucks stared at girls in short skirts then obviously all of the murderers, rapists, child molesters, meth dealers, thieves, and prostitutes must have been rounded up, right?

Only problem is that while the cops were busy ousting retirees and their RV's from the Wal-Mart parking lot (we can't have anyone getting a free ride here in Billings, if you're sleeping in your own bought and paid for RV you're screwing some poor motel owner out of his daily bread, you have to make amends by helping some poor campground owner get wealthy, we don't want no vagrants in ratted out old pull campers or $250,000 motor coaches here, if you ain't spendin', you ain't stayin') a few meth dealers, and murderers, and rapists, and child molesters, and god knows what other kind of rats came a sneakin' in the back door, what with all of the cats pent up and nobody keeping watch they began breeding and multiplying and now look, Billings is the meth capital of the world and all the city council can do is expect us to feel sorry for them, or hope that we aren't watching.

We're watching, do something worthwhile for a change, stop trying to control peoples' lives, get a life of your own perhaps then maybe you'd have something to relate to next time you want to outlaw something that doesn't hurt anyone except 5 old busybodies with nothing to do but go to city council meetings and stir up trouble. Gee, sure did a lot of typing for not finding any inspiration, thanks Ed.

Tony at Spun and Spinning seldom disappoints. Today is no different. As usual, while the rest of us are bickering about tieing up our cats and wondering where we are going to park our RV's for free, Tony is posting pictures of bigger fish. There's a link in the sidebar, go check him out. Seems that our benevolent government is continuing to kill and maim in the name of oil. . . . . I mean freedom. Don't get me wrong, we need oil, like it or not the crap makes the world go around, or at least the economy anyway. But if we're gonna kill for it, then why try to cover it up with some BS story that we are protecting freedom. I've yet to see a politician that would know freedom if it came up and bit him on the ass. If our fearless and oil money loving leadership needs to make good on the promises that they traded for campaign money or face the consequences fine, I can understand being stuck between a rock and a hard place, but don't try and BS me and tell me that it's all about freedom. Especially when the first thing to come out of this whole mess was the Patriot Act and the Department of Homeland Insecurity.

I just love how our government never misses a chance to control us more, we get attacked, people die, damn, we gotta restrict our own citizens' rights some more so they'll be even more defenseless next time this happens so we'll have an even better excuse to start a bigger war and pass more unconstitutional laws and hell who knows, maybe next time we can just shoot the moon and declare marshal law. Go ahead, let me hear you call yourself free, you just keep telling yourself that and everything will be ok. If you believe that I've got some land in New Orleans that I'll sell ya, cheap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M WITH YOU ON YOUR COMMENT, ESPECIALY RV PARKING. RV PARKOWNER IN BILINGS MT. THAT DOESNT HAVE PROBLEM WITH THEM PARKING AT WAL-MRT