Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another Quick Post From A Guy That Really Needs To Win The Lottery


CONGRATULATIONS MAYOR TUSSING, NOW GET IN THERE AND KICK SOME ASS! NO MORE SECRET DEALS, NO MORE BICKERING, NO MORE OGLING LAWS! RUN LIKE A RABBIT TO THE PUBLIC WITH ANYTHING THAT EVEN LOOKS UNDERHANDED! WE'RE COUNTING ON YOU TO CLEAN UP THIS CITY, AND I DON'T MEAN THE CRAPPY OLD BUILDINGS DOWNTOWN, WELL, I GUESS I MEAN ONE CRAPPY OLD BUILDING DOWNTOWN: CITY HALL

I was obviously happy to hear the results of yesterday's election, now for yet another chance to be heard, wulfgar's website poll.

Now I have to admit, I'm quite new to blogging and I have a limited amount of time for reading, so therefore I have a rather narrow view of what's available, sort of a case of blog tunnel vision if you will. I like to think of myself as a good sport, however, so I'm gonna give it a whirl, and besides, wulfgar is one of the bloggers out there that I try to make a habit of reading often, so the least I can do to thank him for his efforts is to respond to his survey. Here goes.


1: Best Montana Political Website (Websites relating or dealing with primarily political content).

a: Best Left Leaning Political Website. A Chicken is Not Pillage, wulfgar himself
b: Best Right Leaning Political Website. MT Politics, I guess he's right leaning, isn't he?
c: Best Libertarian/Constitutional/Independent Website. What I Think (as if you give a damn) is it unethical to vote for yourself? If it is then I'd say Dave Budge.
d: Most In-depth Political Website. Pragmatic Revolt, I guess it's a political website
c: Best Political Candidate's Website. Any one that happened to have crashed recently and is therefore offline

2: Best Lifestyle Website. karbonkountymoos

a: Most Exemplifies a Montana Lifestyle. Sarpy Sam-Thoughts from the Middle of Nowhere
b: Best Culture Website. Is there a website about yogurt and cheese?
c: Best Pop-Culture Website. Nothing comes to mind. I am probably the least qualified among us to express any sort of view on pop anything, unless it's soda pop, I prefer Pepsi. ;)

3: Most Web Gravitas (Best Read) Website.

a: Best Website For Montana News (not an online newspaper, or presentation thereof). For lack of a better response, I'd have to say, no opinion.
b: Best Website For Montana Photos. karbonkountymoos
c: Best Website For Montana Tales and Stories. Sarpy Sam wins again
d: Most Informative Website About Montana And Montana Concerns. Once again, no opinion

4: Most Humorous Montana Website. Secular Franciscan Life

5: Best Montana Media Website (specifically dedicated to providing news and information).
It's a sad response, but probably the Billings Gazoo, even if it's wrong, at least it's all in one place.
a: Best Online Newspaper. Don't know of any. . . yet.
b: Best Online Media Sponsored Website. City Lights, didn't want Ed to feel left out.
c: Best Online Magazine. Sorry, Don't know of any of them either.

6: Best State Run Website. Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks

a: Most Useful State Website. Wouldn't that be the same as above?

7: Most Helpful Montana Website. RWIS Traveler Information

8: Most Historical Montana Website. I am woefully without a response once again.

9: Best Montana Community Website. (Community Websites are those that allow multiple posters or content providers.) Once again, I'm speechless.

10: Most Missed Montana Website Not Being Updated Or On Hiatus. No opinion.

11: Best Personal Montana Website (Relating to and about the individuals personal life).
Spun and Spinning
12: Montana Survivor; Website you'd most like to be voted off the mountains (try to be nice, here). I really can't say that I'd like to see anyone voted off, that's the beauty of the whole thing, anyone can be heard as long as someone's willing to listen.

13: And Finally, The Montana Website You Would Choose To Read Everyday.
Spun and Spinning
Bonus polling, just for fun:

I: Best Montana College Football Team. Don't care.

II: Best Montana Highschool Football Team. Columbus Cougars, class of '93 is me, GO CATS!

III: Favorite NFL Football Team. New Orleans, but just because they suck, I'm really not into sports.

IV: Best Montana College Basketball Team. Don't care.

V: Best Montana Highschool Basketball Team. Columbus Cougars, GO CATS!

VI: Favorite NBA Basketball Team. Denver Nuggets, but just because they suck, I'm really not into sports.

VII: Best Montana Sports Hero Of All Time. It would be a tossup between Todd Foster, and Levi Leipheimer, both involved in sports that are thankfully devoid of balls that are not attached to the athlete, and which are seldom played with during competition. Dogs can chase balls, I prefer competition that involves more developed skills.

VIII: Best Montana Politician of All Time. Sort of like asking for the best turd in the shithouse isn't it? No opinion.

These are my responses, hopefully wulfgar reads me from time to time and will see them, the results of this survey will definitely be interesting to say the least. It's a great idea wulfgar, I wish I would have thought of it myself.

Now it's off to bed for me, if I get a night off this week I promise to write something original, hopefully humorous, and at least mildly worth wasting the time it takes to read it. If I don't get a night off then I'll definitely have something fresh and new by Sunday night as usual. Now turn off your damn computer and get outside and enjoy life, everything will be buried in snow soon and I'd hate for anyone to waste an opportunity to enjoy a sunny day. Best wishes to all.

5 comments:

Wulfgar said...

Trust me, you been seen. I'll log the responses when I get home tonight. And thanks.

5 said...

Aw shucks, best five dollar endorsement ever...where do I send the check?
If'n you would get some cow pics up, I mighta chose you over Sarpy Sam....

Justin said...

You're welcome wulfgar, who's in the lead so far?

And what the heck do you mean five dollar endorsement? You only gave me three you cheap assed hippie! ;)

And cow pics? Great, now I have to take my camera and go up to Wal-Mart and stake out the Little Debbie isle, cow pics, comin' right up.

Wulfgar said...

First, you are allowed to vote for yourself, and you did. Second the responses are all over the map, and that's what I love about having no specific candidates. Everybody can place their vote where they want.

There are just a few categories, however, where there are overwhelming front-runners.

KarbonKountyMoos said...

Holy Cow Photos, Batman! Sorry that I've been so far out of the loop. That's what happens when you're half a hermit. Thanks! I knew nothing about the poll until I saw it on Tony's this AM. Hi again, Tony! Better late than never. . .

Cow pics opportunities are readily available in the parking lots of Billings.