Saturday, December 03, 2005

Damn, What A Week

First of all, I need to apologize to both of my loyal readers for my recent absence. I've been quite busy this past week earning the money to pay my internet and electric bills so that I can continue to bring you these entertaining and educational tales from the deep dark depths of my sick, twisted brain. I earned enough this week to keep 'em both on for another month, I hope. Didn't leave me much time for blogging, but as I'm sure you already know, I get paid to drive a truck. I don't get paid for blogging. After driving said truck all night, I barely have time to stuff some groceries down my neck, take a shower, and check for holes in my eyelids for 5 or 6 hours before it's time to get up and do it again. As much as I'd like to write something new every day, there just isn't time on the days that I work. I did manage to leave a few comments here, as well as on a few other blogs but no new posts all week. That's the longest I've stayed away from this thing since I started it. I'm an addict, I got a blog jones, I gotta have my fix. Can you find it in your hearts to forgive me? If I didn't have to work for a living I'd have more time to write. Why can't I just win the lottery?

The roads were actually better than expected all week, Tuesday and Thursday nights were a little sporting, but nowhere near what they could've been. The worst part was the sudden and drastic temperature change. Why can't I quit shivering? Why can't I just win the lottery?

I did, however, do one thing fun so far this week. I bought my snowmobile right about the time all the snow melted last spring, they're cheaper that way. I've been waiting ever since the ground turned white to fire it up and go piss off the neighbors, and I finally did it when I got home from work today. I don't know if I pissed anybody off or not, but I hauled my daughter around for a half hour or so and made no effort whatsoever to keep quiet. I should fire it up and haul ass up and down the road a few times at about 3 AM, then duck into the shop, slam the door, and kill the lights before the cops show up. My neighbors seem to make plenty of noise when I'm trying to sleep during the day, turnabout is fair play don't you think? If I won the lottery I could move wherever I wanted, like a neighborhood thankfully devoid of neighbors. Why can't I just win the lottery?

I think I could really get into this whole snowmobiling thing, talk about power. This thing hauls ass, and from what I'm told it isn't even a "fast" sled. I do have a "fast" 4 wheeler, the sled makes it look like a slug on valium, no shit. I can't wait to get it somewhere with more room so I can really open it up, YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! It may be old, like everything else I got, but it's still got some fun left in it. If I won the lottery I could buy brand new toys that I wouldn't have to wrench on all the time. Why can't I just win the lottery?

As you can see, there's really not that much to talk about today, I just figured I'd neglected you all long enough. There's talk of maybe loading up the rugrats and going to Columbus tomorrow to play in the snow with my 2nd best friend Brian and his family, if we go I'll be sure to take the camera and tell you all about it tomorrow night. Take two motorheaded rednecks and their wives, add 4 kids, some rope, an old car hood, some snow, and a good selection of 4 wheelers and snowmobiles, shake well, and you got yourself one hell of a recipe for a damn fun day. There's nothing like sharing good times with good friends and loved ones, not even winning the lottery.


3 comments:

Wulfgar said...

I tried to comment on this post last night, but the spam block wouldn't let me. So I'm trying again tonight ... let's see.

Wulfgar said...

Woot! Success!

Anyway, I just wanted to say "have fun snowmobiling. I haven't been in many years, and actually miss it a lot".

Justin said...

Well get yerself a sled and come along wulfgar! Bozeman is the place to buy 'em, seems there's plenty of people up there that buy brand new ones, deck 'em out with all sorts of goodies, then take 'em out and ride hard until they melt the motor down then sell them dirt cheap. I got a couple of friends that treat that Mini Nickel or whatever it's called from Bozeman like it's the Dead Sea Scrolls or something, they get this evil little grin if somebody imports one for 'em. Then they go ripping through it looking for the sled deals. If your not afraid to get your hands dirty rebuilding an engine there are definitely some deals to be had too.