Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Merry Whatever and a Happy New Year to My Faithful Readers, Both of You

I would like to take a minute and wish everyone that stops by the happiest of holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy Chanukah to Mike and Aaron, as well as any others in the Jewish community that happen to stop by. Religion will never be a basis for discrimination here at What I Think, and I am Switzerland in the "War on Christmas". The only way that there's a war is if we let it come to that, I can respect other people's religions. If anyone else can't, that's their problem. We are a diverse world, get over it. There is no "War on Christmas", just a realization that the outwardly Christian atmosphere in this country is discriminatory. Once again, if any other Christians don't like that, get over it, I did.

I'd say that I'd like to see what would happen if all of the government buildings took down the Nativity Scenes and put up Minorahs (sp?), but I don't want to see that, I want to see everyone get along, and I want to see religion not be a factor in our government. I don't want to see the death of religion by any means, faith is important to me, I just don't want to see anyone hurt by bigoted views and discrimination. The Torah, the Bible, whatever the ancient text that we subscribe to, is a wealth of wisdom. Ancient wisdom that I believe to have been inspired by God. Passed down to us so that our lives may be enriched by it. Don't let that wisdom fall victim to petty disagreements.

We here in the blogosphere disagree on so much that an outsider may think that we're virtually at war with each other, nothing could be farther from the truth. I entered the realm of Montana bloggers just a few short months ago, and instantly I was welcomed with open arms. This is a forum where we share ideas, right or wrong, whether we agree or disagree, and while we may have our disagreements, we always seem to get over it, agree to disagree, and move on to the next topic for discussion. Grudges seem to have a very short lifespan in the blogosphere. Anyone dim enough to enter this world with a closed mind soon opens such, or is killed and harvested for food, (I can see the humor in that statement, and I'm sure that's how Tony intended it), an atmosphere that promotes some very engaging discussions, and keeps non thinking sheep mostly at bay. Thanks to all that have made me feel welcome, and I'm looking forward to providing more quality entertainment in the new year. I know I haven't provided any quality entertainment in the old year but hey, there's a first time for everything isn't there?

Now let's put aside all of our differences, kiss and make up, and make this a year of truth and justice and cooperation in the wonderful world of blogs. The mainstream media doesn't have the balls to address the things that we do, so let's make 2006 the year that we really show them how it's done.















All the best of wishes, from me and mine, to you and yours. May your holidays be bright, no matter what you call them.

8 comments:

The Dixie Drifter said...

Merry Christmas to you and the wife.

Sarpy Sam said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Justin and may the Good Lord Bless and keep you.

Anonymous said...

Boy you are cute! Happy Happy to you too! We went out crabbing and did well, lokks like crab for Chrsitmas dinner tomorrow.
Oh, the surf has been too good...'night!
Tony

Justin said...

Way to go Tony, we let you go on vacation and you come home with crabs!

It's a good thing that I don't live on the coast, you can only eat so much deer meat, but if I was surrounded by free seafood I'd weigh 400 lbs inside of a year. I think I gained 20 lbs in the week I was out there, those little crab shacks on the bayfront in Newport, yummy.

Tony said...

I have put on six but that has more to do with my Uncles medical marijauna card than the crabs...

Table Mountains said...

merry christmas,bloggers shall inherit the earth.

Justin said...

Bloggers shall inherit the earth? We already did, didn't you get the memo? ;)

Marla aka shared_dreams said...

Nice picture. is nice to be able to keep intouch better,, lol just a shame we are in the same town... marla I wish you all the best in 2006