Saturday, January 07, 2006

Wulfgar Needs Our Help . . .

UPDATE: Todd Scott, of Bozeman Brewing, stopped over and talked to Wulfgar and is apparently more than willing to work towards finding a mutually beneficial solution to the problem. Obviously this fellow wants to be a good neighbor and his efforts should be applauded. Rob (wulfgar) has also admitted to perhaps over reacting a little to the situation, who among us hasn't done that before? Anyway, we should all be proud of the fact that here in our state, even in Bozeman which is actually an extended suberb of LA ~sarcasm~, neighbors can still work together and get along in spite of their differences. Next time I'm in Bozeman I'll have to stop over for a brew, I might even park in Rob's driveway, just for fun. ;) Way to go gents!

This morning as I was making my normal daily rounds of the blogosphere, I happened across a troubling little tidbit over at A Chicken is Not Pillage. It seems that the city of Bozeman, in all of its infinite wisdom, has not only allowed a bar to open across the street from Mr. Wulfgar's house, but they didn't even consider whether or not the establishment had a snowball's chance in hell of providing adequate parking for its patrons. Now somebody's driveway is getting blocked, and said somebody's ass is getting frosted over the whole deal.

I don't blame him, I've been through something similar before and it sucks having to go and round up the owner of an illegally parked vehicle, the likely intoxicated owner of an illegally parked vehicle, and ask/tell/demand/threaten him/her to move the damn thing so you can get your own car in/out of your own driveway.

So anyway, go over and let him know that we feel his pain, maybe if he gives us a little more info we can flood the Bozeman paper with LTTE's or something. Bloggers are a close knit bunch, screw with us at your peril. ;)

3 comments:

5 said...

I have no idea what could be done to help him out. Obviously, the bar owner needs to be a good neighbor and all, getting him or her to "police" his patrons' might be asking too much-but not in the real world.
Its funny, I have driven by Rob's house 50 times...

Wulfgar said...

Justin, thanks for the support. I talked with the owner tonight, and I think we might be okay. It'll take a little time, but Montana neighbors will find a way.

Justin said...

Hoorah for the both of you, like I said over at your place, I've been in a similar situation and it's a booger. I had a High School and the allmighty foosball to deal with though, wasn't anybody willing to do anything about it. I'm sure glad to hear that it looks like it's going to work out. As I said, mess with bloggers at your peril. ;)