Wednesday, May 24, 2006

JEEEEEZUS H. FUCKING KEEEEERIST PEOPLE!


Did everyone catch the story in the Gazoo this morning about the poor, defenseless little bear that the Yellowstone County Sheriff's Department and the Montana FWP "dispatched" right here in Lockwood this morning? Or better yet, did you read the "comments" posted by all of those brilliant individuals in the peanut gallery?

Give me a fucking break people. Is it any wonder why the officers stood around for two hours before they blasted the goddam thing? 20 years ago they wouldn't have even hesitated. The bear would have been killed, the public would be safer for it, end of story. These days however, we have to put up with god knows how many days or weeks of public outcry over a stupid fucking bear because people can't seem to discern a difference between an animal and a human being anymore.

Pity for the bear? I pity the law enforcement officers involved. The simple fact that they had to stand around contemplating the proper course of action for two hours before doing what they probably knew needed done from the moment they arrived on the scene is proof to me that no matter what, they couldn't win. Either way, at least half of the public was going to be pissed, and no matter who was pissed and who wasn't, the whole thing was going to be blown way out of proportion. My hat's off to all of them, no way in hell would I want their job. If I had to stand around and contemplate the possible public backlash of everything I did at work I would've quit years ago.

Let's imagine for a moment that they hadn't shot that bear. Here's a bear in a tree in a residential area, right next to a school bus stop, beside a business, during rush hour, along one of the busiest roads in town at that time of the morning since it's basically the only corridor between Lockwood and the city. Is there any way that this situation could have turned out positive? Would it have been better if the damn thing had eaten a kid? Would the officers have had probable cause to do their jobs then? Or how about if it had ran out into the road and gotten hit? If it was laying in the road suffering would you all have been happy when the officers stood around for two hours deciding whether or not it was worth the public backlash to put the bastard out of its misery? Or would you rather they'd called a vet to do CPR on the fucking thing? And what of the HUMAN BEINGS in the car or cars that were involved in the whole frackas, grow the hell up people, it's an ANIMAL.

Pretty goddam sad when an animal has more rights than the people in this supposedly "free" country of ours. How many of you bleeding heart animal rights wackos and supposed "hunters" that are crying to the Gazoo would have been pissed if an "alleged" criminal had been shot this morning? ~chirping crickets~ That's what I thought.

I know, let's go along with all of the dipshits that think the bear should have been tranquilized and "relocated". What would they have said when some butt sniffing analyst somewhere would have dug up the figures on what it cost the taxpayers for that little adventure? Or next week when the bear wandered back into town because it had figured out where to find an easy lunch. "Should have just shot the son of a bitch", is what they would have said.

I guarantee that if that bear had been on my property those officers would have been spared all the public outcry, and it wouldn't have taken two hours to get the job done either. If you don't believe me, ask the last dipshit that thought it was OK to let his dog run loose and tip over my garbage cans.

In a residential area, and especially during the time when all of the kids are walking to the school bus, the only good bear is a dead bear. The fuckers eat people, deal with it or potentially find yourself on the menu and just in case you have the urge, spare yourself the embarrassment of blasting me with statistics. I don't give a shit how many people were or weren't attacked by yearling bears last year in residential areas, it only takes once for whoever happens to get in that bear's way. Like one person said on the Gazoo site, I would have really liked to see half as much outcry over the bastards that vandalized the church in Crow Agency over the weekend. Wonder what would have happened if the vandalism had been perpetrated by bears?

Call me a redneck, call me a hillbilly, or spank me and call me daddy for all I care, but my hat is off to each and every officer involved this morning, and especially the one that pulled the trigger. Nice shootin', and I'm glad to know that you're on the job Deputy just in case one of the crackheads down the street gets out of hand. The job was done without anyone getting hurt, and if a bear had to die, so be it. Better it than me, or a kid, or anyone who walks upright and has opposable thumbs for that matter.

There, now I've contributed my 2 cents to this little bit of nonsense. Hopefully it'll be forgotten soon for the sake of everyone involved. If it winds up on the national news tonight I'll likely be the one up in a tree howling at the top of my lungs. Hopefully they call in the same deputy, put me out of my misery please!

2 comments:

The Dixie Drifter said...

Justin

A similar situation right here in the Seattle area, infact it was on the University of Washington campus a Black Bear was on the prowl in the various neighborhoods and wanted to go to college. The wildwife officers were dispatched to the scene and the Bear treed, well they shot this thing with a few needles trying to knock it's ass out of the tree and dispatch it back to the woods...well that was a no go and they put a Tazer to hits ass and the friggen thing died of a heart attack....it was sicken listen to theis wild life officer talking about how bad he felt.....if he felt that bad why not leave the Bear alone and let it maul some kid to death and then see how bad he would have felt.....when it comes to incidents like this the should shot first and ask questions later...thats what the Difter thinks...

Justin said...

All I can say Drifter is it's a damn good thing it wasn't in California. They would have given the bear a scholarship, and a goddam driver's license. ;)