Monday, September 18, 2006

It's Getting Late, Maybe I'll Have Time For A Real Post Tomorrow

Now this is what I call "family resemblance". I don't have any fresh pics, but mine has a tail now, and control surfaces, and pushrods, and the motor has completed its first test run with flying colors. 283 watts at 27 amps static with an APC 12X6 prop. Not exactly the makings of a 3D ship, but this is a Cub, it's not supposed to be able to hover, just fly. At least I know that I don't have to worry about frying the batteries or the speed control, I could probably get away with a little more prop even and still be safe. Mine doesn't have skis though, at least not yet. ;)


3 comments:

JC Williams said...

Hey Justin thats a pretty nice looking present you got there make sure you show us how good it flies once finished.

Went to Tennessee on vacation and screwed up the back and spent most of the time laying down but I did manage to get some footage which I am in the process of editing and posting...yak at you later.

Justin said...

Sorry to hear about your back JC, hope you had a good time anyway. I figured you'd taken your trip back to the old country since I hadn't heard from you in awhile. Let me know when and where you get that video posted, I've really been looking forward to it!

I'm just about done with the Cub, I got all of the servos put in it last night, all that's left is the windows as far as assembly's concerned. I've got the radio pretty much programmed, all that's really left is to figure out the balance, set the control throws, and build some sort of an apparatus to keep the batteries from moving around in flight. I should be working the rest of this week, so I doubt it'll be ready for this weekend, but I'll probably finish it up Sunday evening so maybe Monday morning it'll be ready for its maiden flight. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to film the maiden, but I'm sure I'll get some video of it flying one way or another. The best thing about this plane is its size, this should be able to EASILY carry my camera, and I'm already trying to figure out a moveable camera mount for it that I can control from the ground and make the aerial videos a little more interesting. Stay posted . . . ;)

JC Williams said...

Justin

I have a couple of the movie posted, remember it is just a ride through the country in Tennessee wheri I grew up just click on my name and it will take you to the blog, still have some work to done to it.