Monday, October 09, 2006

UPDATED UPDATE!> Mugi Now Live, And In Color! AND WE NOW KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT!

UPDATE

I just got an email from Morgan Wood, the designer of the Mugi, and he tells me that the proper pronunciation is "moogy", as in rhymes with "boogy". Boogy is definitely something that this plane can do, so I guess it fits. He's also offered to send me some official Mugi decals for my plane. This guy is starting to tip the generosity scales methinks. I'll be putting up a permanent link on my sidebar to the Mugi site as a thank you. He sells Mugi kits as well as other Mugi pieces and parts there, so go there and buy something. At the very least give him a visit, I think you'll like what you see. He's also working on another design, as well as a bunch of other cool models made out of Coroplast, I can't wait to see what they are!

Actually, this post was supposed to just be an update at the bottom of my last post, so if you haven't read the last post yet, do that first and then this one will make a lot more sense. Blogger is being a grouchy bitch for some reason, so when I try to just edit my last post, it loads, then disapears. It hasn't been too friendly about uploading the still pics of the now decorated Mugi either, so we'll see what happens.

WOOHOO! SUCCESS!
Ok, now that Blogger finally decided to load my pics. Here's the Mugi with some color applied. I know, it's kind of gaudy, but that was the idea. Mugi's the name, high visibility is the game.





And here's the bottom.




Since I am a redneck after all, even my airplanes need smart assed bumper stickers.




And a redheaded hottie riding shotgun!

8 comments:

HeidiChick said...

ummmm,too bad airplanes don't have mudflaps, huh?? : )

Justin said...

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . Don't tempt me Heidichick, LOL. I don't know about the mudflaps, but I think the next Mugi I build might just have to have those nifty chrome trucker girlie silhouettes on the elevons . . . . . .

Thanks for the idea! ;)

T said...

Thats just wrong...
Hey, whats with the Balsa? I ride Balsa, my 10'2" Noserider is chambered and layered Ecuadorian!
Cool little plane, can you build a boat out of Coro?

T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T said...

Im stoned...go to my blog and have a look...

Justin said...

It's a model airplane thing, there's not so much as a toothpick of balsa in this entire plane, just coroplast and carbon fiber, so I can afford to talk a little smack, LOL. That's in stark contrast to my Cub, which would turn itself into a pile of toothpicks should it ever crash. There will likely never be a total replacement for built up wooden planes, they just look and fly too damn good, but cheap, tough stuff like this is sure a lot of fun.

Hell yeah I could make a boat out of coro, I could even make a flying boat if I wanted to. Check out the videos at spadtothebone.com, there's a really cool RC airboat on there made out of coro, as well as a bunch of awesome plane.

As far as a 10'2" surfboard though, it'd need a lot of carbon fiber rod for stiffness, but I'll get to work on it!

JC Williams said...

hey Justin great looking plane and great looking stickers and a good video also.

Justin said...

Thanks JC, get yourself anything to fly yet? ;)