Sunday, January 28, 2007

If You've Been Looking For An Excuse To Pray, Here's One For You

UPDATE: I managed to catch a quick bit of footage on the news last night of the area in which young Loic's body was found. The septic tank in question did not have the customary heavy concrete lid that I'm familiar with, it looked to be made of lightweight plastic or fiberglass in the footage as a police officer picked it up and moved it. It is quite conceivable therefore, that the little fella may have either moved it himself, or possibly even just stepped on one side of it and fell in the tank totally accidentally with the lid falling back over the opening afterwards. Either way, this is a terrible way for someone to pass, especially an innocent child. Everyone has to make improvements on their property from time to time, but please, if there's any chance of young children being present, make sure that areas such as this are secure.


Well it seems that Loic Rogers has been found, unfortunately however, he was not found alive and well as we had all been hoping he would. For anyone who's been living in a cave for the last several days, I'm referring to the 3 year old boy that turned up missing in Evergreen a few days ago. His body was found in a septic tank only a few yards from where he disappeared. It is of course conceivable that this could be an accident, and for the sake of everyone involved I certainly hope so, but if it was an accident it was a stupid and preventable one. I don't mean to be judgemental, but ever since that story several years ago that made national news with the little girl that fell down the well requiring a huge but thankfully successful rescue effort, anyone that would leave a hole in the ground like that not covered when there's likely to be little kids around should really have their heads examined.

The fishy thing however, is that the lid was on the septic tank when the little boy was found. According to the story, the tank had already been checked earlier with no results, perhaps the lid had been replaced at that time but there's no way the boy could've fallen into a septic tank and then replaced the concrete lid by himself. The investigation is ongoing however, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes about. Once again, I certainly hope that this is an accident but if it's found that it isn't, I'll gladly volunteer my services when it comes time to "deal with" the perpetrator. There is a special place in hell for those who enact crimes against innocent children, and I'd be happy to help speed the responsible party's arrival there.

I wouldn't make it too speedy though, getting there is half the fun after all.

I have more to say, but I'll do so in a separate post. This one is dedicated to a little boy that didn't deserve what he got. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, just as they have been since we first heard the news that the boy was missing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Sam the same thing last night. I agree with you about the Hell part. I will join you you helping to deal with some one that hurt that little boy. I have a few ideas that would fix them up but I will keep them to myself. None of the are very lady like!

Sam's Darling Wife